- Practical Completion has just been achieved on the latest project at stadium MK. This high quality retail building acts as a link between and complements the two existing developments of some 20 retail and leisure units anchored by M&S / Primark at MK1 Shopping Park and the Odeon Cinema and Restaurants.
- We have been involved with the master plan and stadium development for over fifteen years and concept work is still continuing on other stadium related buildings, as well as the proposed Academy training facility for MK Dons. Milton Keynes Dons FC, Club and Community Training Centre
- Further to receipt earlier in the year of planning permission for the redevelopment of MK YMCA, design development is now underway for a spring start on the new YMCA, comprising a range of 196 residential units and associated back up facilities, to be followed by the enabling development of 243 to 261 PRS apartments. YMCA
- Recently confirmed is a competition winning mixed use development of approximately 270 PRS apartments around a piece of high quality public realm comprising open space, restaurants, retail units over basement car parking and servicing . A full planning application is targeted for mid-2018.
- Three separate residential sites in Leicester are at concept design stage with the aim of progressing to planning applications in 2018.
- Hi-tech office and R&D facilities are being worked up for two separate companies associated with the growing Electric Vehicle market. Designs are at an early stage with planning applications early in 2018 for the companies to occupy in 2019.
- Planning application has recently been granted for the complete refurbishment of an existing office in St Albans town centre into high quality apartments. Detailed design development underway to enable a start on site in early 2018.
- An outline planning application is to be submitted shortly for a mixed use scheme of food retail and residential in the historic market town of Olney.
q2 architects are now recruiting! We are looking for qualified architects to join our team in Towcester and Manchester. See Careers for detail.
q2 architects are an innovative and pragmatic design company with a broad scope of expertise and experience. Established in 1997, the company’s reputation and geographical base has grown to include offices in Towcester / Milton Keynes and Manchester.
We are committed to high quality responses, specializing in architecture at all scales, from comprehensive building design and sensitive renovation, to urbanism and master planning.
We place particular emphasis on creativity at the conceptual stage, in resolving the various planning and technical requirements of the project and producing design proposals that relate well to, and enhance the surroundings. We explore the brief and investigate the projects relationship with people, culture, history and place, leading to an appropriate use of materials and an innovative response to social and sustainable requirements.
We have commitment and communication throughout our team, which in turn is reflected in our successful relationships with all members of the project. This enables us to produce viable and deliverable solutions within the defined financial parameters.
We have specialist skills in:
- Architecture and Design
- Site selection and Brief Generation
- Development Frameworks
- Building Conservation and Refurbishment
- Sustainable Building Solutions
- Public Realm Design